Interdisciplinary Brain Science
The HBP Curriculum on Interdisciplinary Brain Science offered web-based distance learning courses that provide basic lessons in the HBP core fields neuroscience, medicine, cognitive systems and ICT as well as the complementary subjects of ethics and intellectual property rights.
The courses were open to the whole scientific community, regardless of affiliation with the HBP, but especially target the following groups:
• Master‘s students already carrying out research
• PhD students
• Researchers who have received their doctoral degree within the past three years at the time of their application for training
Video lectures are publicly available.
By combining the online course with the participation in an Education event, that qualifies as a complimentary part of the online course ECTS credits could be awarded.
Curriculum Info Brochure 3.3 MB
COMPLIMENTARY EVENTS & EXAMS
There are no further events that qualify as a complimentary part of the Curriculum online course.
If you have attended an HBP Education event in the past, you are eligible to take the exam(s). Exam slots can be offered until September 2023. Please contact us via email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to your preferred exam date.
THE ONLINE COURSES
The courses addressed early career researchers who wanted to gain knowledge outside their area of specialisation or who were interested in learning about ethical challenges or translation and exploitation of research.
Participants had the possibility of taking an exam related to the online content of the courses. Upon successful completion, ECTS credits could be awarded. The credits were awarded by the Medical University of Innsbruck / Austria (MUI) if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- Full attendance of one qualified Education event
- Registration for HBP Online Course on Interdisciplinay Brain Science via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which online course(s) you would like to attend
- Attendance of the online course(s)
- Successful completion of exam(s)
In total, it was possible to achieve a maximum of 12 ECTS credits for all 6 courses.
The credits for the 6 courses are distributed as follows:
|Brain medicine for non-specialists||2.5 ECTS|
|Neurobiology for non-specialists*||Basic: 1 ECTS
Advanced: 1 ECTS
|ICT for non-specialists||1.5 ECTS|
|Cognitive systems for non-specialists||2 ECTS|
|Research, ethics and societal impact||1.5 ECTS|
|Intellectual property rights, translation and exploitation of research||2.5 ECTS|
* It was possible to only take the Basic exam, or both Basics and Advanced, but not only the Advanced exam.
Examination fee: 30 € (per exam)