The seventh SpiNNaker training workshop will be held at the Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester, UK, from the 3rd to the 6th of October, 2017.
The workshop will focus on simulation of spiking neural networks using PyNN 0.8 on the SpiNNaker platform. Topics include:
- Introduction to SpiNNaker hardware & software
- Specifying networks in PyNN 0.8
- Using the HBP portal
- Simple data I/O and visualisation
- Connecting external devices to SpiNNaker
- Adding new neuron & synapse models
- Adding new learning rules
Please find information on the timing on the workshop agenda page.
The workshop consists of sessions of presentations by the software team as well as hands-on labs with SpiNNaker hardware. There will also be time to discuss your own project plans and issues with the design team during the week.
Attendees should have some experience with Python. For the new neuron models and learning rules topics, some background in C is recommended.
Participants have to pay for their own travel, accommodation and subsistence. Lunch and tea/coffee will be provided each day of the workshop.
Attendance is free, but registration is required:
- For the registration an HBP central account is needed. This account is free of charge. To get an account, either ask any colleagure who already has an HBP account to invite you or send an email to: email@example.com
- Register here online
- (for the login an HBP central account is needed. See step 1)