Young Researchers Event: Integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations
12-13 September 2017, Geneva, Switzerland
The 2nd Young Researchers Event 2017 is hosted by the Human Brain Project (HBP) and organised by young researchers within the HBP. It will take place in Geneva on 12-13 September and is immediately followed by the in-depth CodeJam on 13-15 September.
This year's theme is integrating neuroscience data into models and simulations. Participants have the opportunity to learn about the Information & Communication Technology Infrastructure offered and developed by the HBP, and how to use it for their own research. They will further get the chance to meet other researchers with similar interests, work in small groups and get support on their projects from the HBP Platform experts.
Topics and speakers confirmed:
- Neuroinformatics Platform
Sonja Grün (Juelich)
- Brain Simulation Platform
Armando Romani (EPFL)
- High Performance Analytics & Computing Platform
Bernd Schuller (Juelich)
- Medical Informatics Platform
Zsuzsanna Püspöki (CHUV)
- Neuromorphic Computing Platform
Christian Pehle (UHEI)
- Neurorobotics Platform
Marc-Oliver Gewaltig (EPFL)
The event is targeted towards young researchers (Master and PhD students as well as early postdocs) both from within and outside the HBP and will answer the following questions:
- I have obtained experimental data and want to include it in a simulation or compare simulated results using one of the HBP Platforms. Which one do I use? How can I use it?
- I have already started working with the HBP Platforms, but do not know how to continue. What are the next steps?
- I have not worked with the HBP Platforms yet, but wish to learn more about them. What can I do? How can I get started?
Several break-out sessions will be set up to address these questions by working with HBP Platform experts.
The Young Researchers Event is immediately followed by the in-depth CodeJam on 13-15 September. The CodeJam is an opportunity to continue working on the projects started during the Young Researchers Event, but participation is not mandatory.
Young researchers are invited to register, tell us about their projects, problems, or what they would be interested to learn about the HBP Platforms. Registrations from young female investigators are highly encouraged.
Project submission deadline: 18 July 2017
Registration deadline: 16 August 2017
Further information & registration
Young Researchers Event Announcement (3.3 MB)