High Performance Analytics & Computing Platform
During the funding phase SGA2 (2018-2020) the High Performance Analytics and Computing Platform (HPAC) provided the base infrastructure for the HBP.
With the start of the funding phase SGA3 (2020-2023), the project structure has changed. The work of the HPAC Platform subproject will be continued in SGA3 as part of the EBRAINS Computing Services work package. This work package develops, deploys, integrates, and operates a variety of basic IT services within a distributed e-infrastructure. It integrates the HPC/Cloud computing and storage services of the Fenix infrastructure, which are made available through the ICEI project, and novel Neuromorphic Computing Services into a joint infrastructure layer.
What we offer
The High Performance Analytics and Computing (HPAC) Platform developed and provided supercomputing, storage, visualisation and simulation technology that can run on supercomputers. With this infrastructure, scientists were able to
- Run large-scale, data intensive, interactive multi-scale brain simulations up to the size of a full human brain.
- Manage the large amounts of data used and produced by simulations and in experiments, and
- Manage complex workflows comprising concurrent simulation, data analysis and visualisation workloads.
The compute backend are supercomputers located at four large European High Performance Computing (HPC) centers:
The pilot systems JULIA and JURON have been designed based on the requirements of neuroscience research. The systems were available during the period 2016-2020.
At the same sites, a data infrastructure is being built that allows scientists to store, process and share their large datasets with others.
The HPAC Platform also offered software and tools, for example:
- Simulation technology optimised for future HPC architectures ("Exascale supercomputers")
- Visualisation methods and tools specialised on large datasets and simulation data
The visualisation tools can be used locally or using high-fidelity systems in Aachen, Germany and Geneva, Switzerland.
Let's get connected!
Coordination contact: firstname.lastname@example.org