There are two eligibility requirements for becoming candidate Partnering Projects (PPs) and Associated Members (AMs):
- The projects and their partners already have their own funding, or can demonstrate that they will have it in the near future.
- The projects make a significant contribution to the Flagship's strategic research roadmap.
What are the selection criteria and procedures of PPs/AMs?
See our document on selection criteria (pdf)
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and there is no submission deadline.
- The Coordinator of the Partnering Project (PP) fills in this document. (doc)
- The document is submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of a Partnering Project that are not involved with HBP at the moment of the application become Associated Members (AMs). See if your institution is already an HBP Core Project Member or an HBP Associated Member.
- Formal check of completeness
- Assessment of scientific links with the HBP
- Confirmation of the scientific links
- Scientific assessment by HBP Scientific Leaders
- Formal approval/rejection by the Science and Infrastructure Board (SIB)
- Signature of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Selection criteria for the scientific assessment
- Relevance of the scientific and technological objectives to the HBP Flagship work plan and roadmap.
- Complementarity and added value in terms of scientific, technological or innovation expertise and know-how.
- Potential contribution to the HBP ICT platforms
- Ease of integration of the proposed activities within the HBP Flagship
- Potential for spreading excellence and widening participation across Europe and internationally
Once the proposal has been approved by the Science and Infrastructure Board (SIB), the integration process is triggered:
- Signing the Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) for the PP and potential new AM(s)
- Sharing of the PP Welcome Package (HBP “host” contact information, list of upcoming events, ethics guidelines, etc.)