SP13 - Management
SP13 supports HBP decision-making, operates the management structure and European Research Programme, ensures transparency and accountability toward funders and stakeholders, and maintains standards of quality and performance. Its primary responsibilities include coordination of the scientific roadmap, and in particular the supervision of the Milestones and Deliverables for the HBP's ICT platforms. During the Ramp-Up Phase, SP13 worked on the following objectives:
- Coordinating the HBP's governance, leadership and decision making mechanisms, ensuring balanced representation for stakeholders while remaining lean enough to promote decisive action;
- Monitoring the Project's performance and ensuring that all governance, managment, and administrative processes run smoothly;
- Providing the Project and the HBP Consortium with centralised support for administration, IT Services, media and communications, innovation and technology transfer, and science and technology coordination;
- Developing a framework for collaboration during SGA1;
- Designing and launching the HBP Competitive Calls Programme;
- Designing and coordinating a programme of transdisciplinary education, training young European scientists to exploit the convergence between ICT and neuroscience, and creating new capabilities for European industry and academia;
- Providing administrative management for projects selected through the HBP Competitive Call.
In SGA1, The Subproject will become SP11: Central Services.
What People are Saying
Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate. This is our opportunity.
The Human Brain is the most complex system that we know of. We would like to develop some kind of ‘google' brain where we can zoom in and out, see it from different perspectives and understand how brain structure and function is related. The ultimate aim of the Human Brain Project is to understand the human brain. This is only possible when we understand the structural organization of the human brain.
The Human Brain Project will become a major driver of ICT in Europe.