The Directorate (DIR) is the governing body responsible for the management of the Core Project and the Flagship as a whole. It manages the Project and its finances, ensures that it fulfils its contractual obligations, and links the Science and Infrastructure Board and the Stakeholder Board.
The Directorate has the following members:
- Director General - Andreas MORTENSEN (Switzerland)
- Scientific Research Director - Katrin AMUNTS (Germany)
- Software Development Director - Alois KNOLL (Germany)
- Infrastructure Operations Director - Jan BJAALIE (Norway)
- Executive Director ad interim - Christian FAUTEUX (Switzerland)
- Ethics Director - Bernd STAHL (United Kingdom)
- Innovation Director – TBD
The Human Brain Project: investigating the brain at multiple spatial and temporal scales.